26 Mar Breakthrough Requires Follow-Through
Confidence to receive what God has in store involves simple follow-through.
- Live in God’s will.
- Expect the promise, with patience.
Therefore, do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward.
For you have need of endurance [patience], so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise.
We all want breakthrough in our lives:
- Expansion of influence
- Financial provision
- Loved ones to know Jesus
- Peace in troubling circumstances
- Wisdom in decision making
- Healthy relationships
We can so easily obsess over our needs and wants…focus so much on what we don’t have—that we forget our breakthrough often first requires follow-through!
Here are examples of follow-through all of us would benefit from:
- Read/ watch/ listen/ study God’s word and other resources to convince yourself of what Jesus has already done for you, and in you.
- Compose your own list of declarations of truth to remind yourself, daily, of what is true.
- Make the calls, send the emails, and write the posts you’ve put off because of lack of focus or fear.
- Write the “Thank-You” cards you’ve been wanting to make.
- Send out the texts of encouragement you’ve been thinking about.
Breakthrough Requires Follow-Through:
Be confident…do the will of God…patiently wait…receive the promise (Hebrews 10:35-36)